Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Thoughts on "HOME"

" I must keep alive in myself the desire for my true country, which I shall not find till after death, I must never let it get snowed under or turned aside, I must make it the main object of life to press on to that other country and to help others do the same."
C.S.Lewis
Mere Christianity

"By faith, Abraham, when called to go to a place he would later receive as his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going. By faith he made his home in the promised land like a stranger in a foreign country; he lived in tents, as did Isaac and Jacob, who were heirs with him of the same promise. For he was looking forward to the city with foundations, whose architect and builder is God."
Hebrews 11:8-10

"The man who finds his homeland sweet is still a tender beginner; he to whom every soil is as his native one is already strong; but he is perfect to whom the entire world is as a foreign land."
Hugo of St. Victor
12th century Saxon monk

"All these people were still living by faith when they died. They did not receive the things promised; they only saw them and welcomed them from a distance. And they admitted that they were aliens and strangers on earth. People who say such things show that they are looking for a country of their own...they were longing for a better country- a heavenly one. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God, for he has prepared a city for them."
Hebrews 11:13-16

"It won't be long , I belong
Somewhere past this setting sun
Find me free, find me strong
Somewhere back where I belong

My wound goes deeper than the skin
There's no hiding it
So I'm not trying it

My hope runs underneath it all
The day that I'll be home

It won't be long, I belong
Somewhere past this setting sun
Find me free, find me strong
Somewhere back where I belong."
Switchfoot
The Setting Sun

2 comments:

Colin or Eve or Kierra said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

What an awesome post you brainiac.